The CAC Annual Juried Show is the Contemporary Arts Center’s opportunity to expose artists working in contemporary visual arts to a wide audience. This exhibition is a prominent showcase in the Southern Nevada region and highlights the exceptional work of national and international emerging artists in all media.
National and international artists 16 years and older may submit a maximum of five works completed within the last two years and not exhibited in a previous CAC exhibition.
Mat Gleason is a Los Angeles art critic, curator, commentator and writer for The Huffington Post, and publisher of Coagula Art Journal, which he founded in 1992. He recently curated 'Avant L.A.', to coincide with the Platform Art Fair, wherein the exhibition identified the 10 most compelling and important established and emerging artists living and working independently in Los Angeles.
Over $3,000 in awards money is available to the juror to present to artists.
Members of the CAC may enter two pieces for $20, plus an additional $5 per piece, up to five pieces total. Non-members may enter two pieces for $30, plus an additional $10 per piece, up to five pieces total. Memberships start at $25 per year, and help support local arts exhibitions and non-profits programs. Click here to become a member.
A) Register online
Register and pay online through our event website, then email your submissions to CACAJS2012@gmail.com with subject heading "AJS 2012". Or you can fill out the PDF form and attach it to that email with the following information:
- Images must be in JPG format – Maximum 2MB file size per image (suggested resolution of 300dpi)
- Filename instructions: Last name_First name_entry#.jpg (ie. Smith_David_1.jpg)
- Entry fee (For emailed entries, payment is only accepted by credit/debit card, either paid through the event website, or filled out in the payment section of the PDF form. For paypal, please use our paypal donation page and include a note that it's for your Juried Show entry.)
B) Register by mail or in person
Include the following information:
- Completed entry form. (Download PDF here.)
- Clearly labeled CD/DVD: with your first and last name_AJS2012
- Image Format: must be in JPG format, Maximum 2MB file size (suggested resolution of 300dpi)
- Video Format: must be Quicktime or Windows Media player ready
- File Name instructions: Last Name_First Name__Entry Title_Entry#.jpg (ie.Smith_David_Untitled_1.jpg)
- Entry Fee: Please include payment by check, money order, or credit/debit/paypal, or your submission will not be accepted.
- If you wish for the return of your CD or DVD, include a SASE along with your submission.
Mail images and/or video (formatted and titled as listed above) to:
Contemporary Arts Center
107 Charleston Ave, Suite 120
Las Vegas, NV, 89104
Selected artworks must be delivered ready to hang/display. Artworks considered unsuitable for hanging/presentation will be refused. Curatorial staff reserves the right to refuse an artwork that is misrepresented through documentation or is not the piece selected by juror.
The Contemporary Arts Center receives a 30% commission from all works of art designated for sale. Clark County sales tax is 8.1%.
SHIPPING AND INSURANCE
By submitting artwork for consideration for the 2012 Juried Show, the Artist acknowledges and accepts the following stated terms:
- The exhibiting Artist is responsible for all applicable charges related to the preparation, packaging, insuring, and shipping/delivery of artwork to and from the gallery.
- The Artist assumes all responsibility and holds CAC harmless for any damages incurred during shipping.
- Artist may choose preferred art shipper.
- Artist agrees to hold CAC harmless and waive all claims or causes of action against CAC, its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers for any and all damages, loss, or injury caused to any person or person’s personal property arising from or relating to the exhibition of Artist’s artwork at the CAC or by the Artist or persons affiliated with the Artist.
February 24, 2012 – All entry forms and images must be received by Friday, February 24th, at 5pm Pacific time. Late entries will not be accepted.
March 5, 2012 – Selected artists will be notified via email of acceptance. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL THE GALLERY.
March 15-16, 2012 – Accepted works of art, including all shipped and hand delivered works, MUST be received at CAC by 5pm on Friday, March 16th. Late entries will not be accepted.
March 23 – April 27, 2012 – Duration of Show.
March 23 – Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony for artists and guests, 6-9pm.
April 6 – First Friday event, Downtown Arts District, 6-10pm.
April 27 – Close of Show.
April 28-29 – All hand-delivered work MUST be picked up by Saturday April 28, 12-4pm or Sunday, April 29, 12-4pm. Work left after this date will be subject to a $5 per day storage fee. All other work will be shipped by Saturday, May 5, 2012.
The Contemporary Arts Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, is a non-profit 501(c)3 art organization dedicated to presenting new, high quality, visual and performing art, while striving to build, educate, and sustain audiences for contemporary art. The CAC strives to provide a place where artists can learn about best practices, test new ideas in the public arena, and connect with fellow artists within and beyond our own community.