Yelp.com and the Contemporary Arts Center, Las Vegas invite professionals, amateurs, teachers, and students to participate in their art event “89XXXhibition” celebrating the diversity of the Las Vegas valley. Only local submissions will be accepted. ALL MEDIUMS. Works will be displayed at multiple downtown spaces – June 6 – 16, 2013 – with a multi-venue exhibition and opening block party on Fremont Street Experience on June 6.
Final selections will be chosen based on artistic excellence in reflection of the theme “My Las Vegas Community” and will be made by a panel of professional artists, curators and art professionals. Deadline: May 17, 2013. No entry fee. All work must be finished and ready for display. Questions? Contact Aurore Giguet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images: In an effort to conserve resources we’ll accept only digital images and entry letters. (see details below). We will retain the submitted images of accepted artwork and reserves the right to use the images in publications and publicity.
Entry Letter: A cover letter must be submitted and must include the following information
- contact information
- number of entries
- entry details – title, medium, size in inches ( H x W x D), date, notes, and value
Digital Format: Hi-Res, professional-quality images will be requested for accepted works upon conclusion of the jury process. If suitable images are not provided, the work will not be included in the publications and publicity.
EMAIL submissions only: IMPORTANT! All submissions should be sent to email@example.com and should include the artist’s full name along with ’89XXXhibition submission’ in the subject line.
Images must meet the following specifications:
- FILE NAME = artist’s last name (underscore) first name, followed by the entry number as noted on the entry form (i.e. Jane_Doe_1.jpg).
- Detail, installation, or alternate view images must include the word ‘detail’ in the filename (i.e. Jane_Doe_1detail1.jpg.).
- Image files should be in HIGH QUALITY JPEG format, images should be no smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction (about 13″) and 72dpi. Images must be oriented properly (i.e. top of image is top of artwork) and must not include artist’s name, or other descriptive text within the image itself, nor contain borders, frames, or margins except as part of the actual work. Video work should be sent with similar naming conventions in quicktime compatible format.
- May 17 Deadline for entry
- May 24 Notifications sent by EMAIL (on or around this date)
- June 1 Accepted work drop-off at the CAC
- June 6 Opening art walk and block party
- Arts Factory
- Insert Coin(s)
- Vanguard Lounge
- Beauty Bar Las Vegas
- Gaia Flowers, Gifts, and Art
- El Cortez Hotel and Casino
- Lil Art Bodega
- Art Street Deli p
- Get Up Gallery
- Photo Bang Bang
By submitting artwork for consideration for 89xxxhibition, the Artist acknowledges and accepts the following stated terms: Artist agrees to hold Contemporary Arts Center, Las Vegas and Yelp.com harmless and waive all claims or causes of action against Contemporary Arts Center, Las Vegas and Yelp.com, its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers for any and all damages, loss, or injury caused to any person or person’s personal property arising from or relating to the exhibition of Artist’s artwork or by the Artist or persons affiliated with the Artist.